As a Director of Data Science, you play an important role in developing the business, building top-class expertise in Data Science within the company, as well as leading/coordinating the execution of challenging projects leveraging Data Science methods in precision medicine.
You are engaged in initiatives across Ardigen, meaning supporting and embedding the changes and co-creating the brand of Ardigen on the global scene of the Life Science community.
- Leading and coordinating the efforts related to transforming data into value through Machine Learning to help Ardigen and its Life Science Partners advance Precision Medicine
- Providing guidance and oversight to multiple teams working on different products or technologies (e.g. Machine Learning for Immuno-oncology, Drug Design, Microbiome, etc.)
- Delivering substantial input to Ardigen’s strategy, having key impact on business development
- Acting as a reliable discussion/collaboration partner for clients and the academic community
- Actively supporting recruitment & hiring processes within the organization
PhD in a related field highly preferred (e.g. Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Cheminformatics, Computational Biology/Chemistry)
- Experience in a leadership role (e.g. team lead, head, or product owner)
- Ability to guide/inspire individuals and teams in designing innovative solutions to complex problems using Machine Learning
- Excellent programming skills in Python & R
- In-depth experience with advanced statistical modelling and modern machine learning approaches
- Nice to have: research experience in a computational area such as data science, computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, or graph algorithms with strong publication track record
- Organizational, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize technically complex information for a non-technical audience
- Proficiency in English (C1)
- An opportunity to shape breakthrough solutions in the fight against cancer
- Participation in trainings, international conferences, etc.
- Work with innovative companies worldwide
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
We kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Ardigen S.A. for the purpose of existing recruitment process”. If you want us to keep the submitted documents for the purposes of future recruitment processes, we kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Ardigen S.A. for the purpose of future recruitment processes for a period of 3 years from the date of submission of this document, in order to analyse them in terms of the recruitment processes carried out in Ardigen.”